The UK taxation of property deals, and transactions generally, has seen perhaps more changes than any other sector in recent years. It’s essential to get expert advice before embarking on any investment or divestment.
Financial structures that may previously have been tax-efficient must now be reviewed. For example, the treatment of mortgage tax relief or corporate ownership of buy-to-let properties is undergoing radical changes. Odiri Tax Consultants is able to assist you to revise your position to deal with the new property taxation landscape.
We are frequently being asked to help with issues such as -
1. Whether VAT is chargeable on commercial building transactions
2. If VAT can be claimed back on new builds
3. Non-dom investment in UK property
4. UK owners of EU and Rest of World properties
5. Landlords’ ability to claim for mortgage or other outgoings
6. Buy to Let – individual or company investors’ position
7. Mortgage interest and in which cases it can be claimed for
Therefore we have a huge body of knowledge on the latest situation and we can optimise the tax and overall wealth outcomes from your property involvement.
The whole gamut of possibilities includes property purchases and sales; freeholds or leases; investing individually or through a corporate structure; private dwellings or commercial property; new builds or refurbishments; UK or overseas property; and in all cases, what may be subject to favourable or onerous taxation treatment.
Whatever your current situation, don’t rely on DIY solutions. Call in the property tax experts at Odiri Tax Consultants & Accountants in Peterborough.
Copyright © 2019 Odiri Tax Consultants - All Rights Reserved.